Saturday, December 19, 2015

Microsoft/Google War

    Having to write tonight in an unfamiliar realm.  I made the mistake of using a couple of facets of Windows 8.1 in an incursion  with the result that Microsoft caught my browser, Chrome, and replaced it with Explorer.   Try as I might, I found Explorer had lodged itself as my default and locked out any change to anything else.  Inadvertently, I became a hostage in an internecine war  between Microsoft and Google.  All my bookmarks were confiscated and being translated into a foreign language  and I was unable to write my blog yesterday.  
    After an evening, most of a night and all morning searching, I was finally able to find and retrieve my bookmarks, now called favorites.  Such a strange new language.  But as most hostages do, I will make myself comfortable and wait for a rescue, a truce or prisoner exchange and make occasional attempts to escape.   With concentrated effort, I should be fluent in Explorer as I have access to communication with Google people here who can help.  For now, I'm stuck with Yahoo for searching.  Need to replace that.  People here use Bing.  I think Bing is the bottom tier of search engines.  I really miss Google.





No comments:

Post a Comment