Tuesday, December 8, 2015

My Rules

When I first started posting on a semi-regular basis, I thought for along time about what I wanted to commit to view by other people.  At first I only posted for my family to read.   I wrote about daily life and soon realized that no one was really interested in knowing I visited a drugstore searching for something to relieve the itch caused by my case of athletes foot.  They were more interested in what I thought about a new TV show that just aired.  They could relate to watching TV while their feet weren't itching.     In short, they wanted to know my opinions to see if it matched up with theirs.
   To gain insight, I began to go to controversial websites, read the message and the comments by other readers.  I finally got up the nerve to post a comment of my own in reply to another readers comment.  In that initial foray, I was chastised as being a complete idiot by this person.  From that point on, I was hooked.  I replied that only an ignorant moron could make his comment in the first place.  A few others agreed with me on that and a blog was born.  I decided to set up some rules for myself.  I never worry about pissing someone off.  That's their problem, not mine.  Too many of my family agreed with me in thinking I would be flattered enough to give up this foolishness.  So I went public.  Now I'm thinking about going to Google+ public and see what response I get.  Since I think without any limits on subject, personal or otherwise, I will go to my Rules again and say anything without limits.  If I live it and think it I will write it.   The final rule.  Don't  keep writing after you run out of what you wanted to say.  Invoked now.

No comments:

Post a Comment