Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Birthday Blues. My 78th today.

      I'm kind of blue realizing that I'm on the downward section of this roller coaster of life. Where the bottom flat track leads is anyone's guess. But inexorably I'm going to find out sooner rather than later.

     If I had to live my life over, I would never change anything. I can see now some opportunities I didn't jump on that might have led to some other end game but the truth is I'm well satisfied and happy that it all led here. Finally with a woman I love and who loves me. Who could ask for more.
When hot winds come, I'm under a cooling fan inside.

      I've been a Dad to seven children and I think I've fulfilled the biblical admonition to "be fruitful and multiply." At least I did my best. My paternal family genes end in the early eighties while my maternal family genes last well into the nineties. It's a crapshoot which dominant genes I inherited. I'd be happy to just split the difference.

     I have a living will somewhere I need to locate that if my mind is gone, let my body go too. There's no point in living beyond that point. I once knew a man who played an ultimate practical joke by writing a will that left all his friends ten thousand dollars each. At the reading, they learned he had no money, he just wanted them all together one last time.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment