Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year

     It's January 1st, the first day of 2016.  As is customary, time for new year's resolutions.  Twenty million people will resolve to quit smoking and at the end of the first week, 16 will have kept their resolve.  Another twenty million choose to lose twenty pounds.  Probably the odds will be better and 75 will actually do it.  And so on down the list.  I will cut back on visits to fast food outlets and eat healthier victuals.  I will bathe or shower every day.  I will put the toilet seat down so females don't inadvertently sit down on cold, hard porcelain.  All on the list will probably last anywhere from 2 to 5 days.
     For myself, I will only make resolutions I know can be kept for  the whole year.  For example, I will not pick fights with trees, motorcycles or thunderstorms.  I will not jump on stage at rock concerts.  I will not bang a tin cup on cell bars and demand release.  I will not streak naked across fields at football games.  I will not pee on my next door neighbor's sidewalk or lawn.  I will not wash stranger's feet.  All these are negative things.  On the positive side of the ledge, I will vote for Bernie  Sanders for president. I will continue to love my wife of 32 years.  I will sleep some every night.  I will be grateful for this extra day of life. 
     At the end of this year barely begun, I will have no regrets and feel anticipation for 2017 and a new chance to make resolutions.      
    

No comments:

Post a Comment