Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Obnoxia

 


     There are some people who by their very nature are obnoxious to most other people.  Among them, I name what I call doorstep evangelists. The opening line is often "have you heard the good news about Jesus?"  I dare say that unless the person is a clone of Helen Keller, they have heard about Jesus.  Too many people have heard, claim to follow Him and don't have the slightest intention of carrying out any of His suggestions. Especially about the poor and money. They feel like all they have to do is be saved and that's enough.  Never admit to not having been saved.  They take that as a sign they need to do it immediately because my soul will be lost were I to drop dead in such a state.  The best defense is to claim Catholicism as your faith.  They give up and leave fast.  For some reason they are afraid Catholics may be struck by lightening bolts from God and they might be hit by accident.
     Right behind the religion freaks are ex-smokers.  At least their rancor is directed toward anyone who emits the faintest odor of a tobacco product.  Their criticism is "I quit why don't or won't you?" conveniently forgetting the numerous times they tried and failed.  They are hypocrites by telling people to just quit like they did.  It is never so easy as they claim.  I smoked for many years and every time the price went up, I tried and failed.  Finally I developed an incurable respiratory disease that would kill me quickly unless I stopped smoking.  When the price was my life. Cigarettes lost.  And even then it wasn't easy.  So I never criticize someone for a smoking habit.    

                       




























































































































































status.  Never admit to not having been saved.  They take that as a sign they need to do itimmediately because my soul will be lost were I to drop dead in such a state.  The best response is to claim Catholicism as your faith.  They give up and leave fast.  For some reason they are afraid Castholoc

No comments:

Post a Comment