Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Homelrss Story



   What was it like to be homeless and live in a tent in the woods? Like an extended camping trip and  not a very good time. Hopefully it will not happen to most Americans but if it does one can be assured they will survive and things will change. By the grace of God and love, nothing mortal is forever except death. Change my happen gradually or instantly but it inevitably will. Accept whatever come with an open mind and heart and trust that the flow of life is always toward good.

     In my own life being homeless lasted fifteen months although it felt like years. Our condition was voluntary and taken out of love for a dog and each other. Our only other option were shelters and separateness. My wife wouldn't abandon her dog and I wouldn't abandon them both so we took the woods and our tent with all three of us together.


     What it was like, we wrote so notes which when taken together was a true story in fiction form that happened to two other made up people, Jim and Des. Oscar was not made but was very real. I will tell that story in alternate blog posts unless it's contrary to posting rules at Daily Kos. I would appreciate someone advising me.

No comments:

Post a Comment