Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Moving

    
      Moving is a major decision to make.  I've listed the pros and cons and this time the cons are heavier than the pros so the future will find me in the same location. For a month or more ago, I was unhappy with the conditions here so I have done my best to either accept them  gracefully or to effect changes in those conditions that are possible for me personally. 

     I like the people here but I dislike that none of them share any interests like mine and I consequently have no one to discuss ideas or events in the world or local news.  I compensate by posting blogs and comments on the internet.  If I moved, I would find mostly clones of the same people types as here. I might like or dislike them and I would have to learn again about this new group.  Why remake that effort?.

     I resented the caregiver here for moving me off the dining room table where I worked for over a year.  She moved me to my room and supplied a work table I wanted from day one here.  I now like it much better than before.  It's not as cool here but my wife reminded me I just spent nearly two years living outside in a tent without any air conditioning besides the wind and nature. Puts things in perspective for me.  I have two roommates that I no longer hear their snorts, snores and farts.  Neither of them talk to anyone or have visitors. They are ideal.

     So I decided like Hamlet to bear those ills I have rather than fly to others.  So here I will stay. On a positive note things keep happening for the good. That can't be beaten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment